The accounting associate is responsible for providing financial and clerical services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out billing, collection and reporting activities according to specific deadlines.
- Review, verify and process invoices for payment.
- Prepare, review, analyze monthly reports (sales, commissions).
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities.
- Enter and manage Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable in QuickBooks in timely and accurate manner.
- Assist with month-end closing activities. Conduct monthly reconciliation of every bank account and credit card.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Pay supplier invoices in timely matter, prepare, verify and bill clients for processed orders, make bank deposits.
- Perform general office duties such as filing, answering telephones, and handling routine correspondence.
- Assist with mailings and special projects as needed.
- Must be HIGHLY detail oriented.
- Great organizational and planning skills.
- Well-developed communication skills (especially interpersonal communication skills).
- Computer literacy, specifically using MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and QuickBooks.
- Ability to think independently.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At least two years in an office environment.
- At least one year of bookkeeping experience.
- Working knowledge of accounting practices.
Access Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and this job description should not be interpreted as an offer or guarantee of employment.
In addition, please note, this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The company has the right to change these duties, responsibilities, and activities at any time with or without notice.